Make / Model: LEXUS ES Series
Years Covered: 1998,1999,2000,2001,2002,2003,2004,2005
Module Programming: $100 one time fee.
Transponder Keys: $50 per key.
Remote/Fobik Keys: $95 per fob.
Difficulty Scale: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Target Module: ECU
Key Cutting: VIN
- There may be slight variations between the years but all are basically the same as described.
- Sometimes it may be needed to remove other components in the way of the ecu brackets but this should be rare on the ES series.
- It helps to mark the brackets on the ECU so they are easier to put back on. See this IMAGE
Lock Removal Instructions:
Module Removal Instructions:
- Disconnect the cars battery, Usually you will need a 10mm socket/wrench for this.
- Tools needed: 10mm deep socket,6-8 inch extension, 12mm socket, Phillips head Screwdriver
- Remove the two 10mm bolts on the bottom of the glove box.
- Open glove box and remove the 1-3 screws around the top. The glove box will then pull away
- If car is equipped you will need to remove the cd player. Pull the cover off and then loosen the two 12mm bolts. Once loose tilt the cd player backwards and it will then come out.
- Locate ECU and its holding brackets to find the two 10mm bolts you need to remove. There will be a bracket on the top and bottom
- Remove ECU brackets for easier shipping. *optional*